IconicReserve_strip

HMS Ford T2

HMS Ford, a minesweeper belonging to the Hunt-class Aberdare sub-class, was constructed for the Royal Navy during World War I. This subclass, an expansion of the original Hunt-class vessels, boasted a more formidable armament.

Manufactured by Dunlop Bremmer at their Port Glasgow shipyard, the vessel underwent a name change from HMS Fleetwood before its launch in 1918.

Rebranded as Forde, the ship was sold to Townsend Bros in 1928 and underwent conversion into a car ferry servicing the Dover-Calais route. Equipped with a stern door intended to facilitate vehicle loading, it was later deemed impractical, resorting to crane-based car embarkation. Accommodating 165 passengers and 26 cars, Forde featured two general saloons, a ladies’ saloon, and three private state rooms.

During World War II, Forde was repurposed as a salvage vessel under the Admiralty’s command. Post-war, it underwent refurbishment in Southampton before resuming car ferry operations between Dover on April 12, 1947. However, it ceased service in October 1949, subsequently sold to Bland Line, and renamed “Gibel Tarik,” ending its career as a car ferry connecting Gibraltar and Tangier, Morocco, until its retirement in 1954.

THE PRINT
This edition print recorded on fine art stock via a large format mimeograph and generally referred to as Giclée prints of premium quality. The paper is white 100% a-cellulose with a distinct textured surface and the premium matt inkjet coating more than meets the highest industry standards vis-à-vis density, colour gamut, colour graduation and image sharpness, while preserving the extraordinary touch and feel of genuine art paper. The editions depicted on Iconic Reserve are not representative of scale and solely for the purpose of suggestive display.

STERLING SILVER 925
The edition comes with a Sterling Silver anchor with a minimum millesimal fineness of 925 which is not pierced through the print but is available on request. The print is also available without the anchor on request.

Laid down: Circa 1918
Launched: 19 - 10 - 1918
Displacement: 800 long tons
Length: 213 ft
Speed: 16 knots
Range: 1,500 nautical miles
Propulsion: x2 Shafts, x2 Vertical triple expansion steam engines
Complement: 74
Fate: Scrapped 1954
Classification: Hunt class minesweeper
IconicReserve_strip

£125

Signed limited edition
1 of 200, 470mm x 210mm
Fine art paper 230 gsm

IconicReserve_strip