IconicReserve_strip

HMS Sir Hugo T3

HMS Sir Hugo, constructed by Greenock & Grangemouth, was launched on September 20, 1918.  

The 24 class of minesweeping sloops was a derivative of the preceding Flower-class sloop, but with a distinctive double-ended appearance. A total of twenty-four ships were ordered between December 1916 and April 1917 under the Emergency War Programme for the Royal Navy during World War I, although two were canceled prior to launch. Each vessel in this class was named after notable racehorses, winners of The Derby, but they were officially designated as the 24 class by the Admiralty to avoid confusion with the Racecourse class of paddle minesweepers.

Similar to the Flower-class sloops, the 24 class ships were primarily employed for minesweeping duties, featuring single-screw propulsion. However, only ten were completed by the time of the Armistice in 1918. Notably, they boasted identical deckhouses and gun shields at both ends of the vessel, with straight stems and sterns. Additionally, four of the completed ships had a single mast located aft of the centrally-positioned funnel, while the rest had the mast forward of the funnel. The symmetrical design was enhanced with fake anchors at the stern, intended to confuse enemy targeting.

THE PRINT
This edition print recorded on fine art stock via a large format mimeograph and generally referred to as Giclée prints of premium quality. The paper is white 100% a-cellulose with a distinct textured surface and the premium matt inkjet coating more than meets the highest industry standards vis-à-vis density, colour gamut, colour graduation and image sharpness, while preserving the extraordinary touch and feel of genuine art paper. The editions depicted on Iconic Reserve are not representative of scale and solely for the purpose of suggestive display.

STERLING SILVER 925
The edition comes with a Sterling Silver anchor with a minimum millesimal fineness of 925 which is not pierced through the print but is available on request. The print is also available without the anchor on request.

Laid down:
Launched: 20 - 09 - 1918
Displacement: 1,320 long tons
Length: 258 ft
Speed: 17 knots
Range: 3,800 nautical miles
Propulsion: x1 Screw, x2 Cylinder boilers 4 Cylinder triple expansion engine
Complement: 82
Fate: Scrapped 1930
Classification: 24 Class sweeping sloop
IconicReserve_strip

£125

Signed limited edition
1 of 200, 470mm x 210mm
Fine art paper 230 gsm

IconicReserve_strip