IconicReserve_strip

HMS Liberty J391

Ordered on April 30, 1942, at Harland & Wolff in Belfast, Ireland, construction began on Liberty in November 27, 1943. Assigned to the 10th Minesweeper Flotilla, she participated in minesweeping operations in the southern North Sea in April 1945, ensuring safe passage for convoys in the Nore Command and the Thames estuary, including military convoys to Antwerp.

In October 1945, she was deployed for mine clearance near Singapore and Indonesian ports, later being stationed in Hong Kong for similar duties. Returning to the UK, she arrived at Portsmouth and was decommissioned, entering reserve fleet status in July 1946.

Renamed Adrien de Gerlache (M900), she was recommissioned on November 29, 1949. In 1950, His Royal Highness Prince Baudouin visited the vessel. Her pennant number was changed to A954 in 1959. On September 19, 1965, she set sail from Ostend for a NATO exercise in the Mediterranean off Sardinia, with stopovers in Gibraltar, Palma de Mallorca, Cagliari, and Cadiz, returning to Ostend on October 28.

Decommissioned on June 11, 1970, she was sold for scrap to Mr. Bakker P.V.B.A. in Bruges later that year. The superstructure of the ship now forms part of the Belgian Naval Academy in Brugge.

THE PRINT
This edition print recorded on fine art stock via a large format mimeograph and generally referred to as Giclée prints of premium quality. The paper is white 100% a-cellulose with a distinct textured surface and the premium matt inkjet coating more than meets the highest industry standards vis-à-vis density, colour gamut, colour graduation and image sharpness, while preserving the extraordinary touch and feel of genuine art paper. The editions depicted on Iconic Reserve are not representative of scale and solely for the purpose of suggestive display.

STERLING SILVER 925
The edition comes with a Sterling Silver anchor with a minimum millesimal fineness of 925 which is not pierced through the print but is available on request. The print is also available without the anchor on request.

Laid down: 27 - 11 - 1943
Launched: 22 - 08 - 1944
Displacement: 850 long tons
Length: 225 ft
Speed: 16.5 knots
Range: 5,000 nautical miles
Propulsion: x2 Shafts, x2 Parsons geared steam turbines
Complement: 85
Fate: Scrapped 1970
Classification: Algerine class minesweeper
IconicReserve_strip

£125

Signed limited edition
1 of 200, 470mm x 210mm
Fine art paper 230 gsm

IconicReserve_strip